The members of the States of the West Africa in charge of the universal postal service gathered at the session of the Conference of Ministers in charge of the Posts of the countries of the West Africa in Grand Bassam, Cote d'Ivoire in 2012:
- Pursuant to the principles of the African Union (AU) and of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
- Faithful to the objectives, philosophy and principles of the Universal Postal Union and Pan African Union
VISION OF WAPCO
Put the post in the heart of the construction of the ECOWAS area.
Recognise Postal Infrastructure as an Essential Support for the exonomic and social development and should be integrated to National and Regional priorities.
MISSION OF WAPCO
1. Develop for ECOWAS, a regional guideline for the development of the postal sector
2. Make the Post, one of the major
players in the construction of the West Africa area
OBJECTIVES OF WAPCO
1. Bring together postal operators in charge of the Universal Service in the subregion
2. Safeguard and improve the quality of postal services sub regional and international as well as the safety of postal items.
NEWS FROM UPU COUNCIL OF ADMINISTRATION 2022
WAPCO Executive Secretary
WAPCO Executive Secretary Signing the Agreement.
WAPCO Executive Secretary And UPU DG Signed Agreement
The Signing of a Partnership Agreement between Mr DIOUF Executive Secretary of WAPCO and Mr METOKI, Director General of UPU.
WAPCO Executive Secretary And UPU DG
Warm handshake between Mr DIOUF Executive Secretary of WAPCO and Mr METOKI, Director General of UPU).
THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Board of Directors brings together all the country members
The Chairman of the Board shall be elected at the annual meeting of the Conference on rotational basis among member countries
The Board of Directors shall:
Direct, control and coordinate the administrative, financial and technical conference.
The Government of each member country shall be represented in the Conference by a delegation led by the Minister in charge of Posts or by a postal authority or by any other official designated by such member country.
The Chairman of the Board of Directors shall be the Minister in charge of Posts in the member country hosting the meeting of the Conference.
The members countries of ECOWAS (Economic Community of West Africa States) and signatories of WAPCO Convention are founding members of the West African Postal Conference
WAPCO - CPEAO Executive secretary
Oladapo Amao Blessing Oghale
Protocol / Personal Assistant
Badiru Iradath Mokpelola Liameed
Shaba Jemilat Ijeoma
Administration & Finance